Are you a Midwife looking to be valued & supported in private midwifery practice?
We are a private midwifery practice on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland offering woman-centred pregnancy, birth and postnatal care. Our midwives are passionate about continuity of care and providing evidence based care to women and families, whether they choose to birth in hospital or at home. We support and advocate for women to make informed choices and be active participants in their care.
If this sounds like you, then now is the right time to contact us.
Demand for our service always outweighs supply. We are seeking expressions of interest from Midwives to join our expanding midwifery practice. There are currently part-time and full time case-load positions available. The successful applicant will receive a salary plus superannuation and all midwives providing primary midwifery care, are eligible for 6 weeks paid leave.
● Endorsed or working towards (essential requirement) – further information below
● At least three years full time (or equivalent part time) of clinical Midwifery practice
● Willingness to become credentialed at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital to provide labour and birth care for CLM clients
● Able to meet mandatory Queensland Health requirements 2021
● Full drivers license
● Committed to midwifery clinical governance, working independently and autonomously and in a close team environment.
● Up to date mandatory training for midwives – including NeoResus, PROMPT, BLS and Fetal Surveillance training through RANZCOG.
● Have completed “Midwifery Practice Review” within the last 2 years.
For further information please contact Anne or Allison, at Coast Life Midwifery (07) 5443 5555. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, current CV and contact details. Applications are welcome at any time.
What is an endorsed midwife?
This is a midwife who has completed a postgraduate course of study for Pharmacology, diagnostics and prescribing. This applies for both midwives qualified in Australia and outside of Australia. Has completed 5000 hours of clinical practice within the previous 6 years and has applied for endorsement through AHPRA. This enables the midwife then to gain appropriate professional indemnity insurance though MIGA and apply for a medicare provider and prescriber number to be able to access medicare rebates for women.
For further information:
What courses can be completed to achieve endorsement?