Fees for Midwifery services will be discussed during your Bulk Billed Initial Consultation with one of our Midwives.
- Hospital Birth
- Home Birth
- Shared Care with Private Obstetrician
- Postnatal Care
- Lactation Services
- Education Services
Payment plans are available at no extra cost, please enquire with administration for more information. Zip Money also available.
All women who access Sunshine Coast University Hospital or Caboolture Hospital for their labour and birth care with a midwife in private practice are admitted as Private Patients, this is because of insurance and funding legislation.
- For women who birth at home there is an additional nominal fee for the second midwife to attend. Your midwife will provide the schedule of fees to you antenatally that cover this.
- For hospital births there is a daily bed fee payable for Medicare Eligible women of around $371.00. These bed fees do not have a Medicare rebate and the full amount is payable to the hospital.
- Your Midwife will give you the options for care brochure for private care at Sunshine Coast University Hospital for your birth and ensure you are making informed decisions and financial consent is achieved.
- All women booking at the hospital for their birth with a midwife in private practice (private patients) will need to make contact with the cashier office at 36 weeks.